[rt-users] Mail loop

J.D. Falk jdfalk at mail-abuse.org
Fri Dec 1 22:46:02 EST 2000

On 11/30/00, Jesse <jesse at fsck.com> wrote:

> First up, you really. really. desperately want to upgrade to 1.0.5.
>
> If you're a little bit handy with perl, you can
> modify  $RTROOT/lib/rt/ui/mail/manipulate.  Look for "postmaster"
> and add another regexp.   If you need help, I can cons up an
> example.

	Note that this is the bit of code where, in earlier versions,
	RT would drop anything from postmaster or daemon into /dev/null
	without even a log entry.  This is without any possible doubt
	the STUPIDEST thing to ever be programmed into any ticketing
	system, and is yet another good excuse to upgrade ASAP.

	(And yes, I know why it was there and who put it there, and
	we're all glad it won't happen again.)

--
J.D. Falk                                             "Laughter is the sound
Product Manager                          that knowledge makes when it's born."