[rt-users] Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket

Robert McDuffee rmcduffee at virsage.com
Wed Dec 27 15:11:30 EST 2000

I am very new to sing MySQL and RT so please bear with me.  I can connect to
the database (RT and others) using mysqladmin, however, I cannot connect
using the rtadmin utility.  The following is the error message I get.  Any
help would be very appreciated.
Thanks
Bob

Mysql->connect(database=rt;host=localhost) failed: Can't connect to local
MySQL
server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) at
/opt/rt/lib/rt/databa
se.pm line 24
[connectdb] Database connect failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server
through
 socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)
Compilation failed in require at /opt/rt/lib/rt/database/manipulate.pm line
5.
Compilation failed in require at /opt/rt/bin/rtmux.pl line 28.
[root at support1 bin]# ./rtadmin queue -create Test
Mysql->connect(database=rt;host=localhost) failed: Can't connect to local
MySQL
server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) at
/opt/rt/lib/rt/databa
se.pm line 24
[connectdb] Database connect failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server
through
 socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)
Compilation failed in require at /opt/rt/lib/rt/database/admin.pm line 8.
Compilation failed in require at /opt/rt/bin/rtmux.pl line 40.
[root at support1 bin]#
[root at support1 bin]#