[rt-users] Sending mail error

Tobias Brox tobiasb at tobiasb.funcom.com
Mon Jul 24 09:47:37 EDT 2000

> Is there a way that I can change how the script sends email.

Yes, there should be ... check for "sendmail" in config.pm.

> Instead of using /usr/lib/sendmail -oi -t -ODeliveryMode=b -OErrorMode=m
>  get it to use "cat message |mail -s "Subject" user at domain.com

Hm ... you should use a mailer that accepts mail with header lines.  I
don't remember the exact usage of qmail ... but there should be a sendmail
emulator with it.

> sendmail: usage: sendmail [ -t ] [ -fsender ] [ -Fname ] [ -bp ] [ -bs ] [
> arg ... ]
> Could not send mail :(

Yeah, exactly.  Just set $mail_options to "" in
/path/to/your/rt/etc/config.pm ... or wherever that file is.

--
Spell checkers are for wimps
(please send feedback on all typos)