[rt-users] WebRT non member access?

Jan Okrouhly okrouhly at civ.zcu.cz
Mon Mar 6 12:13:26 EST 2000

On Mon, 6 Mar 2000, Ashton T. Belew wrote:

> 	Greetings,
> 	You could super easily hack together a quick to read the entries
> in the RT database.  I believe I started doing that a few months ago for
> the silly people here at Wes.  I am not certain, though if RT per se
> supports that.  If you want my code for it, I would be glad to hunt it
> down; though I am not certain where I put it.

I've done something like this such a way:
- make new cgi script (link to suid_wrapper) for anonymous access - f.e. rtview.cgi
- add a few lines to test if $program is equal to rtview.cgi into bin/rtmux.pl
- in that body copy the body of condition for webrt.cgi with this a line
  above:
  require "/opt/rt/etc/config_anonymous.pm";
- copy your etc/config.pm to config_anonymous.pm and edit it as below:
  $web_auth_mechanism = "external";
  $ENV{REMOTE_USER} = 'operator';#--name of your anonymous account;

Thats all.

Cheers

Jan Okrouhly
Laboratory for Computer Science             |    phone: (420 19) 7491588
University of West Bohemia                  | location: Univerzitni 22
Americka 42, 306 14 Pilsen, Czech Republic  |     room: UI404