[rt-users] RT questions

Jesse jesse at pallas.eruditorum.org
Fri Mar 10 10:47:27 EST 2000

On Fri, Mar 10, 2000 at 03:24:58PM +0200, Riku Hakkarainen wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are moving from req to RT and have some questions.
>
> RT1.0.3pre1, Solaris 2.6.

Back down to RT 1.0.2. Trust me.

> Can we use these in any way in RT?
>
> 1. An "extra alias" to the queue so that mail gets sended to this address too
>    $mailing_list_dist = "noc-dist";

Um, I'd suggest a meta-user in RT with manipulate access and hat as their email address

> 2. Can I log all of queue's maillog to one file?

I'd suggest procmail

> 3. What about killfile, ie. mail from specified address goes not to queue and
>    gets no ticket number
>    $kill_file = "killfile";

I'd suggest procmail

> 4. And silent-users; the sender gets no autoreply
>    SILENT=silent-users

This is only configurable per-queue

> 5. Can I use similar to this "X-Request-Do: Resolve" in header, so that ticket
>    automatically gets resolved?
>    %RT RESOLVE doesn't work because I don't know the ticket number when sending
>
>         > %RT RESOLVE
>         RT: Batching resolve of .
>         RT: You don't have permission to modify request # (0)

Not for create, I guess. I'd happily take a patch

> 6. When user replies or resolves a ticket it should also be taken by that user.
>    How to change that?

Never looked at it

> 7. We'd like to be able to select the specific queues to the view not just all
>    or just one.

In the CLI that works. In the web ui, you can't right now

> 8. Can we specify which transaction get mailed to requestor? The only useful is
>    "take".

Nope. 2.0 should support this

> 9. If I want serial number to begin at #10000, what should I do?

Create a ticket. In MySQL, change it's serial_num to 9999

jesse reed vincent -- jrvincent at wesleyan.edu -- jesse at fsck.com
pgp keyprint:  50 41 9C 03 D0 BC BC C8 2C B9 77 26 6F E1 EB 91