[rt-users] Unwieldy users list...

Björn Torkelsson torkel at hpc2n.umu.se
Wed May 3 08:28:53 EDT 2000

Jesse <jesse at fsck.com> writes:

> > On a related note (to manageability of users), I'd be interested in
> > some sort of external authentication API (to allow authentication
> > separate from username/passwords in the rt database).
> >

> I'll ponder this.  Do people who want an external authentication mechanism
> want it in addition to rt internal authentication or instead of it?
> Additionally, will _all_ users use the external mechanism or only some users?

We would love to have a combination of external authentication in
addition to the internal auth mechanisim. That way we could let our
existing users use their ordinary UNIX (or more precisly Kerberos IV/V)
usernames/passwords (of course using SSL).

One other thing I relly would like to see in rt 2.0 is a way to use a
"self" user and password for every ticket. I.e when you are opening a
ticket in rt you get, in addition to the ticket number, a uniqe password.
With the ticket number and password you can authenticate yourself to the
ticket and view and add more info to the ticket.

/torkel