[rt-users] External Authentication and Users

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Wed May 3 11:13:45 EDT 2000

On Wed, May 03, 2000 at 05:10:45PM +0200, Tobias Brox wrote:
> > Want to REALLY make my life wonderful?  :-)  How about integrating RT to
> > utilize Lotus Domino user lists and group lists?
>
> Lotus Domino?  I don't even like the name. :-)
>
> We have to figure out a general interface for fetching user information
> (as I see it, we will only need three things in RT; login/nick, real name
> and email(s)) and authenticating a user towards an external system.  From
> that point somebody (you, for instance) might make an effort linking this
> towards Lotus Domino.

What I'm likely to do _AFTER_ 2.0 is to build a system allowing you to designate an "external auth" perl module with a well defined API and a per-user flag denoting whether to use this API.  Then you can build whatever authentication system you want.

	jesse

jesse reed vincent -- jrvincent at wesleyan.edu -- jesse at fsck.com
pgp keyprint:  50 41 9C 03 D0 BC BC C8 2C B9 77 26 6F E1 EB 91