[rt-users] Searching tickets

Tobias Brox tobiasb at tobiasb.funcom.com
Fri May 26 13:40:59 EDT 2000

> You can search the subject line (using % as a wildcard) but I haven't seen
> any way to search the body of the messages - they're stored as seperate
> files - would there be any major problems in storing the body in the
> database?

They will be stored in the database in RT2.

If you have shell access and read permissions on the transaction files,
it's actually easier to search on files than in the db, though:

find dir/to/transactions -type f | xargs grep mysearch

--
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are
 cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."