[rt-users] Install help - database connection problem

Clark Shishido clark at desktop.com
Tue May 30 18:07:47 EDT 2000

I've done a couple installations on FreeBSD-3.1 and 3.3, the only thing
that held me back was forgetting to use gmake instead of make like it says
in the instructions.

I did notice that the latest mysql from the ports tree runs as mysql by
default instead of root. I stuck to using root since I was just moving
my RT installation from one machine to another and I'm running Bugzilla
on the same machine, so I didn't want to change anything.

I'm probably going to do a migration to FreeBSD 4 real soon now.
Which FreeBSD you trying to install on?

--clark

On Tue, May 30, 2000 at 04:38:14PM -0500, Drew Sanford emailed: