[rt-users] change of due date via mailgate

Eric Goodman ericg at cats.ucsc.edu
Tue Nov 14 12:42:32 EST 2000

[Resend now that Jesse points out that mail is again working --- Eric]

>Hello,
>
>I am checking mailgate interface and found strange thing.
>- - - - - - - - - return from RT - - - - - - - - -
>Thank you for taking some action:
>
>>  %rt user kimura
>RT: Username kimura noticed.
>>  pass ***** RT: You are now authenticated as kimura.
>>  %rt set due 4 11/09/00
>RT: Date due changed to Thu, Jan 1 1970 09:00:00 (53)
>

>This is regarded as Unix's start date, I believe.  So, the input
>will be wrong with FreeBSD4.1.  This also happens in the format
>11/09/2000.
>
>Does somebody know correct date format for this?
>
>TIA
>
>Kazu

I've sent this out a couple of times on this list, but I haven't been
good enough to actually post a patch. I should have checked with
Jesse as to whether this fix is in 1.0.5 when he called for comments,
but I was out (offline) sick. Here's the deal with date due in at
least the older RT versions:

>There is a bug in rt/lib/rt/ui/mail/manipulate.pm in the "SET due"
>handler. The function call
>
>   ($trans, $message)=
>       &rt::change_due_date($serial_no, $date_due, $current_user);
>
>is wrong. The second argument should be "$due_date", not "$date_due".
>
>Also, there's another minor error in the "date_parse" routine in
>rt/lib/rt/support/utils.pm. This routine will parse, e.g., 4/30/00
>to $month=4, $day=30, $year=2000, but timelocal (to which this value
>is later passed) expects months counting from 0, so most of the
>"$month = $n" statements should really be "$month = $n - 1".

If someone will point me to a primer on creating "patch" utils (I'm
sure it's easy but I just haven't done it before), and if Jesse says
it's not fixed in 1.0.5, I can spend some time to create and submit a
more formal patch.

I know that these problems are being addressed in 2.0, I just don't
know about versions of 1.0.x.

--- Eric