[rt-users] Requests in mySQL, but not showing up in RT web UI?

Paul Lussier pll at mclinux.com
Mon Oct 16 11:22:57 EDT 2000

In a message dated: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 10:50:40 EDT
"Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH" said:

>On 10/16/00 10:20:51 -0400, Paul Lussier <pll at mclinux.com> wrote:
>| If I enter the specific number into the "Display Request #" field and
>| click  the button, I get all the information, but I need to know the case
>| number,  since they're not showing up in the request queue.
>Make sure you select "All" or "Done" as the status?

I did that that, they still weren't showing up.  I think the problem is that 
the requests were created with no initial status.  In the database tables, 
they existed, but the status field was empty.  As soon as I set them to open, 
they started showing up.

I think this occured because I mucked with the forms.pm code.  I wanted to 
remove the ability to set an initial priority or status on the request.  In 
doing so, I should have set the initial status to open.

So, somewhere in the code for displaying the queue, there must be something 
that checks to see if there's been a status set to some value.  If status has 
no value, then it's not displayed.

This could be either a bug or feature depending upon your perspective :)
But since I mucked with the code, I'm responsible :)

I would like to see some of these as options though, there are certain things 
I would like to be able to configure, such as priority ranges (1-5, not 0-99),
whether or not people can set initial priorities and status, etc.

Hopefully 2.0 will have these and many other great things :)  I look forward 
to that release!

	   I'm in shape, my shape just happens to be pear!

	 If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

More information about the rt-users mailing list