[rt-users] Moving RT (from: debian to: freebsd)

Ashby Gochenour rt at noc.ntelos.net
Wed Apr 4 14:56:10 EDT 2001

Hello Everyone,

I need to move RT (version 1.0.1) from a debian linux (2.2 potato) machine
to a freebsd (4.2 stable) machine.

I want to make sure I don't lose the data that is associated with the
system as it contains several thousand tickets.

I do not know much SQL (I've never accessed RT via SQL) and I'm not real
clear on the inner workings of RT (i.e- I don't even know where on the
system the database resides).

I was wondering what the best way to make this move would be. Should I
install RT on the freebsd machine and then move the data over, or is there
some kind of documentation/guide that can take me through this process?

Thank you for any advice,

Ashby Gochenour
Unix Systems Administration
NTELOS