[rt-users] VirtualHost for RT2

Joseph Bossalini joeb at citlink.net
Thu Apr 5 09:54:54 EDT 2001

> From: Russell Foster <rf at rf0.com>
> Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 09:53:37 +0100 (BST)
> To: rt-users at lists.fsck.com
> Subject: [rt-users] VirtualHost for RT2
>
> Hi All,
> At the moment we are running an RT1 installation but are looking
> to move to RT2 when beta3 comes out. However at the momoent I am trying to
> setup RT2 on a FreeBSD box. The only thing is that in the README you
> configure RT2 access using a VirtualHost directive. Do you have to do it
> like this (e.g. rt.blah.com) as I would rather use something like an Alias
> as we do on RT1 (e.g. www.blah.com/rt).

I've got both RT1 and RT2 running on the same box without virtual hosts.
Here is what I used in the httpd.conf file for Apache.

    Alias /rt2/ "/opt/rt2/WebRT/html/"

    <Location /rt2>
     PerlRequire /opt/rt2/bin/webmux.pl
     SetHandler perl-script
     PerlHandler RT::Mason
    </Location>

You also have to pay close attention to your config.pm file settings in
regards to the location of the web UI:

    #If you're putting the web ui somewhere other than at / on a server
    $WebPath = "/rt2";

    #Scheme, server and port for constructing urls to webrt

    $WebBaseURL = "http://server.name";

    $WebURL = $WebBaseURL . $WebPath. "/";

This works for RedHat running Apache - I can't vouch for any other setups.

Good luck!

-Joe Bossalini