[rt-users] backing up db

Rich West rwest at wesmo.com
Thu Apr 5 11:06:35 EDT 2001

This is always a good idea.  Just for the heck of it, IMHO it is good practice to do:
mysqldump -u<root user> -p<password> -A | gzip > database_backup.gz

I do this on a nightly basis just before my backups (to tape) go start up.

-Rich
Richard West                    mailto:rwest at wesmo.com
Wesmo Computer Services         http://www.wesmo.com
Register Your Domain For          Got TV?
As Little As $14.95/yr!           Get your .TV!