[rt-users] cgi interface and mysql module problems with rt-1.0.7

D. Joe Anderson deejoe at iastate.edu
Thu Apr 19 10:32:29 EDT 2001

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Doug Weir wrote:

> These files DO exist in that location... so it must not be able to 'stat'
> them whatever that means.

stat is a Unix system call, to get the "status" of a file.  Under
Linux, there's a command line interface to the call, I don't know if there
is under IRIX.

> Here is the skinny on these files (ls -alF):
>
> ---s--x--x    3 rt       sys        29304 Apr 17 23:04 webrt.cgi*
> ---s--x--x    3 rt       sys        29304 Apr 17 23:04 admin-webrt.cgi*

I'm guessing this is the problem--AFAIK, script files have to be readable
in order to be executable, and these aren't readable.

IIRC, there's a FAQ or something in the other documentation for RT that
describes a command to check and fix the ownership and permissions on your
RT install.  Take a look for that.

--Joe