[rt-users] mime outlook ms-tnef jumble (

Anders Klint klint at gatespace.com
Thu Apr 19 04:42:23 EDT 2001

Dale Bewley wrote:
> How are people dealing with mail from Outlook that just shows up in base64
> in the ticket? Anyone come up with any clever work arounds? I need a
> stopgap to keep the powers that be from getting a wandering eye.

We use the "mimedecode" option in .fetchmailrc which works pretty well.
That doesn't solve the problem with multipart mime, but as long as we
get people to keep things in plain text it keeps us going. I suppose you
could use stripmime if you need ta handle attachments.

from .fetcmailrc:
poll mail.got.gatespace.com proto pop3:
user gssup password <PASSWORD> mimedecode mda "/apps/rt/bin/rt-mailgate
support correspond"
Hope this helps.

	/Anders