[rt-users] Memory problem when searching

Rehan van der Merwe Rehan at nha.co.za
Wed Aug 1 11:10:58 EDT 2001

When doing searches for relatively large batches of tickets (+/- 5000
tickets) my machine just grinds to a halt.  If I do the same search on RT1
on the same dataset, there is no problem.

At first I thought it was lack of resources, but I have upgraded to a 1G
256M machine, and still it stalls.  Is RT2 so much more memory intensive, or
am I misconfigured?  It happens especially on the searches.

Apache, Perl, mod_perl are all installed with rpms (RH 7.1), so I am not
sure if mod_perl is installed as a DSO, or if this could at all be the
problem as noted in the documentation.

Any suggestions on how I can configure Apache/WebRT to work better?

Rehan van der Merwe