[rt-users] newbie questions...

Stuart Campbell Stuart.Campbell at cwo.com.au
Mon Aug 6 02:51:44 EDT 2001

Howdy,

I've recently installed RT 2 on a Red Hat Linux 7.0 system. Being a relative
beginner in linux, apache, mysql, perl and sendmail administration it was
quite an adventure for me! I am happy to say, however, that after a week of
late nights I have a working system. I do have a few queries tho.
I have spent some time reading the faq and the archives of this mailing
list, but have not yet found answers to my questions.

1 :	The manuals etc at  http://www.helgrim.com/rtdocs/  are a little bit
'lean'. I dont mean to critisize but I didnt find them of much use for
explaining both installation, administration and general use of RT. Are
these documents a work in progress? Are any other documents available?
2 :	I would like to use the RT system soley via the web interface. I'm
anticipating approx. 10 staff to use the system at varying levels. Is it
possible to create a user account for web access but restrict the ability to
set the configuration? When I logged on to the  'bug system' available at :
http://fsck.com/rt2/NoAuth/Buglist.html   I was surprised that I could
actually access the configuration screens?
3 : 	I am not sure I understand the intended use of keywords. My best
guess is that the keyword structure is used to further refine problem
classification, beyond creating a ticket in a specific queue. Since the
process of specifying keywords for a ticket does not appear in the process
of creating a ticket, I am not sure my understanding is correct?

Many thanks,
Stuart Campbell

Cable & Wireless Global Card Services
Australia