[rt-users] Apache segfaults & /var/log/rt2 question

David C. Troy dave at toad.net
Tue Aug 7 13:48:55 EDT 2001

Soon, I'll shut up.  Two things:

Am getting periodic segmentation faults in Apache's error_log.

[Tue Aug  7 13:43:24 2001] [notice] child pid 3110 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)
[Tue Aug  7 13:43:28 2001] [notice] child pid 3102 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)

I am running 1.3.19 compiled with mod_perl 1.26 statically.  Any ideas
what might be causing this?  Seems to cause everything to run pretty
slowly.  HTTPD processes are about 17M, too, which seems very fat.

Second thing:

My /var/log/rt2 directory has a zillion files in it (example below) with
owners of mail:rt or nobody:rt, each with a PID.  Is this normal?  Should
it really be writing a log for every instance?

Any insight appreciated.  For the person that asked about a nag script, I
had one for RT1 I'm changing for RT2, and I'll make it available.

Thanks,
Dave

David C. Troy   [dave at toad.net]                   410-544-6193 Sales
ToadNet - Want to go fast?                        410-544-1329 FAX
570 Ritchie Highway, Severna Park, MD 21146-2925  www.toad.net