[rt-users] Apache config help?

Stuart Campbell Stuart.Campbell at cwo.com.au
Wed Aug 8 20:04:11 EDT 2001

Martin,

I had the same problem when I set up RT 2 on my red hat linux 7.0 system.
I noticed that there is a condition placed on the 'LoadModule perl_module
modules/libperl.so' in the httpd.conf file and also on 'AddModule
mod_perl.c'.
The default httpd.conf says :
</IfDefine HAVE_PERL>
LoadModule perl_module modules/libperl.so
</IfDefine>
and
<IfDefine HAVE_PERL>
AddModule mod_perl.c
</IfDefine>
I commented out the IfDefine statements and that seemed to fix the problem!
I had installed apache with linux, I'm assuming the httpd.conf file that
resulted is the 'usual' default httpd.conf file.
I checked to see if the perl module was loading by looking at
/etc/httpd/logs/error_log     When httpd starts an entry is placed in that
file with details of some modules (ones that are not compiled with apache),
my system reports the following :
'[notice] Apache/1.3.12(Unix) (Red Hat/Linux) mod_ssl/2.6.6 OpenSSL/0.9.5a
mod_perl/1.24 configured -- resuming normal operations'

The only other thing is to ensure that your perl specific tags are placed
after the load module statements!

Regards,
Stuart