[rt-users] Apache/Mason install notes

Martin Hemmings mhemmings at trakonic.com
Thu Aug 9 11:34:11 EDT 2001

Ok, after 2.5 days of tearing out my hair I finally have RT2.0.4 running to
the point where I actually get an interface when I load up the page.

My last message about a warning message from Mason in the error_log file (
[warn] [Mason] Cannot resolve file to component:
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/rt/index.html (is file outside component root?) )
was apparently because Mason is not capable of accessing things through
simlinks (I was symlinking to the WebRT/html directory from the Apache
document root)

I had to bind a second IP to the server, and add the httpd.conf file entries
as given in the RT install guide ("The Web UI" section)  and now I actually
get an interface.

This is for the archives, in case someone else comes asking with the same
questions.

Martin