[rt-users] postfix: rt-mailgait: can't do setuid

Ashley Gould ashley at aslab.com
Fri Aug 10 20:26:54 EDT 2001

I did some more fiddling from the command line.  Root can send
mail by pipe to rt, but normal user cannot:

root at rt:/home/ashley # cat tmp/testmail |/usr/local/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action correspond
root at rt:/home/ashley # logout

ashley at rt:~ >cat tmp/testmail |/usr/local/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action correspond
Can't do setuid

I've just gotten my second rt2 system up.  This one is for production.
But I am stuck on one last mail error when I try to post to rt:

Aug 10 15:53:48 rt postfix/local[4259]: C89D59B9: to=<rt at rt.aslab.com>,
  relay=local, delay=0, status=bounced (Command died with status 255:
  "/usr/local/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action correspond".
  Command output: Can't do setuid )
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I did not have this issue on my test rt system.  I am running RT 2.04,
on SuSE 7.2 using postfix Version 20010228pl02.  What would be different?
I can't say.  This probably a postfix question.  But why does rt-mailgate
want to run setuid?

I have set up permissions on the general queue for requesters/everyone to
create tickets.

Permissions on rt-mailgate:
-rwxr-sr-x    1 root     rt          15781 Aug  9 17:10 rt-mailgate
      ^

Perhaps I'm just tired, but i've run out of ideas.

ashley