[rt-users] Serial Num Kludge

Teo de Hesselle teo.dehesselle at uts.edu.au
Sun Aug 12 19:37:46 EDT 2001

We're doing a phased transition to RT2 - I hope to have 'them' using rt2
very soon. In the meantime, The serial number in RT2 is 600+, while our
RT1 serial num is 4000+.

Will it break anything if I temporarily change a ticket's id to '4999',
create a new ticket, and then change the '4999' back to '6xx' ?

I ask this because it's already been done. I have a complete backup of
the mysql database to fall back on if I need to. Did I just dig a hole
for myself ?

Also, is it dangerous to purge out old tickets? This is sorta the same
question, I guess - will RT mind if there are gaps in the 'id' namespace
?

--
Teo de H*sselle | Fly Windows NT: All the passengers carry their seats
out