[rt-users] mailgate problem...

Darrell Hyde darrell at magpage.com
Mon Aug 13 12:51:42 EDT 2001

This was from rt-2.0.1. I've since upgraded to 2.0.4 and I'm still getting
the same error, just on a different line. It appears to be an issue with
how the mail is sent. Here's what I mean:

This session will result in the error being returned to the requestor:

220 X1 NT-ESMTP Server xxx.com (IMail 6.06 111601-1)
helo xxx.com
250 hello xxx.com
mail from: <darrell at xxx.net>
250 ok
rcpt to: <emergency at xxx.com>
250 ok its for <emergency at xxx.com>
data
354 ok, send it; end with <CRLF>.<CRLF>
text
.
250 Message queued

This session however, will result in proper delivery sans error message:

220 X1 NT-ESMTP Server xxx.com (IMail 6.06 111606-1)