[rt-users] Apache::Session Woes

Adrian McCray admccray at thespring.org
Thu Aug 16 09:50:52 EDT 2001

I've managed to get everything installed so far excapte the
Apache::Session 1.53.  The problem that I cant seem to get past is
the t/99 mysqllock test.  What I have done so far:

1.	Tried the make testdeps/fixdeps method.

2.	Downloaded the Apache::Session file from CPAN and tried
	to install it manually as per the instructions.

3.	Search the archives for a relevant answer.

When I try to run a make usint any method (testdeps/fixdeps or make
test in the CPAN file) I yield the same results.

t/99mysqllock.......DBD::mysql::st execute failed: MySQL server has
gone away at blib/lib/Apache/Session/Lock/MySQL.pm line 70.

Is there a particular username/password combination that
Apache::Session is expecting to use when it connects to the MySQL
server?

In the archives, it was suggested that it is possible to force
install the module.  How do I do this? FWIW this is a new 2.0.4
install on RH 7.0.  Are there problems using rtracker on RH70?

Thank you for your assistance.

Adrian McCray