[rt-users] Mail to ticket number

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Sun Dec 2 14:30:30 EST 2001

Well, you happen to be in luck. I ended up dropping just that
functionality into the codebase the other night for a friend.

It works as alias+1234 at domain, but pretty much any MTA should
be able to do the rewriting you want to get 1234 at domain.

The code is in CVS, but the patches you want are:

    if ($flag eq '--ticket-id-from-extension') {
           $TicketId = $ENV{'EXTENSION'};
     }

after

    if (($flag eq '-q') or ($flag eq '--queue')) {
    	$Queue = shift @ARGV;
    }

and
	$TicketId = ParseTicketId($Subject) unless ($TicketId);

instead of