[rt-users] Internal Server Error HTML Mason

Gary Leong gwleong at lbl.gov
Mon Dec 17 14:08:17 EST 2001

Jesse Vincent wrote:

> > So I suspect it may have something to do with the RT::Mason module,
> > though I'm uncertain.  I looked at the httpd error, and the only error I
> > have is :

> > [Thu Dec 13 16:28:11 2001] [error] Can't write to
> > '/var/log/rt2/rt.log.3565.0': Permission denied at
> > /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/Log/Dispatch/File.pm line 68.
> > Any help would be appreciated.  I feel that I'm very close to getting
> > this ticketing system working.
>
> So. Well, RT can't write its log file to /var/lib/rt2.  Does the user
> that apache is running as have rights to write logfiles in /var/log/rt2?
>

> > Gary

> --
> http://www.bestpractical.com/products/rt  -- Trouble Ticketing. Free.
Hey All,

That permissions on the log turned out to be the problem.  I ignored
that log because I assumed the "rt user" was going to write the log
rather than apache.  Anyhow, thanks for the help.  Hopefully, I will
deploy the system soon.  Also, I'm hoping to write a step-by-step
procedure to set up the unit from Red Hat 7.2, from removing removing
the RH installed apache to final configuration of rt.  When I'm
finished, I'll be sure to send you a copy.  Thanks again for everything!

Gary