[rt-users] Removing "Sender: apache at domain" from mail header?

Vivek Khera khera at kcilink.com
Thu Dec 20 11:21:50 EST 2001

TW> Well, if anyone knows where that "Sender: ..." -line comes from, and how to
TW> remove it, let me know.

It depends.  Some MTAs insert it for you, some don't.  Some overwrite
it for you if it exists and doesn't match the envelope address.
Basically you can't guarantee 100% that any solution you provide
locally will work globally, because of so much crapware out there
calling itself a mail server.

TW> It could be usefull to be able to configure headers somehow other than
TW> changing the code...

The only place I see "Sender" in RT is when it is scanning the header
for it.  It doesn't seem to insert it.