[rt-users] Error 1062 at line 11

Raymond Norton ray at lctn.k12.mn.us
Fri Dec 21 14:45:25 EST 2001

I have done a mysqldump from one RT server, tried to import it into a new RT
server, and get the following:
ERROR 1062 at line 11: Duplicate entry '1' for key 1.

I know it has something to do with existing data, and can see from my
reading that there should be a way around this, but I don't want to mess
anything up by ignorance. I will continue to try and find an answer, but any
help would be appreciated.

Here is what I used from a previous posting by someone else trying to do the
same.

mysqldump -c -t rt2 >   rt2.sqldump
mysqldump -d rt2 >       rt2.sqlschema
You can then restore the whole lot (assuming a fresh install of rt2
thereafter) with
mysql rt2  < rt2.sqlschema
mysql rt2  < rt2.sqldump
(with whatever usernames and passwords you have specified).