[rt-users] Database tables...

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Tue Feb 13 22:32:55 EST 2001

On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 10:10:54PM -0500, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 13, 2001 20:51:52 -0500, "Steven J. Sobol"
> <sjsobol at NorthShoreTechnologies.net> wrote:
> +-----
> | That is incredibly, horrifically ugly. Someone please tell me that
> | that, um, feature will be fixed in 2.0.
> +--->8
>
> It is.  RT1 was originally hampered by lame TEXT/BLOB support in early
> MySQL, I believe.

Actually, RT1 was hampered by the fact that at the time it was written, the only
free SQL database was Hughs miniSQL which didn't support any sort of field
longer than ~256 bytes iirc.

RT2 stores things in blobs...which works fine with modern mysql revs.
The fact that postgres 7.1 doesn't yet support 8bit-safe blobs is rather
a bummer.