[rt-users] Database tables...

Jan Okrouhly okrouhly at civ.zcu.cz
Wed Feb 14 08:08:20 EST 2001

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Steven J. Sobol wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm creating a search page that will search RT tickets. It currently
> searches in the keywords and subject fields from each_req. I would like to
> know where the comments and correspondence are stored so I can search
> those fields too.
>
> Thanks
>   SJS

We actually try another kind - you need:
- a standard web search engine, which could search only one level deep
- a web access for that scanning engine (I've made a modification of
rt.cgi let say rtview.cgi which is authenticated as an user with Display
rights to requested RT queues.
- a script calling rtstarted by cron before the search engine which
generates one special index page searched by the engine - it contains only
references to separated tickets.
Here is an stupid examle:
---
#!/usr/bin/perl
 $BASEURL="http://your.url/rtview.cgi?display=History&serial_num=";
 open(FIN,"cd /opt/rt/bin;./rtq -format \"%n\" -resolved -stalled -open
-dead|")
;
 while (<FIN>)
  {
  if ($_ =~ /---/)
   {
   $start=1;
   next;
   }
  next unless $start;
  print "<A HREF=\"$BASEURL$_\">$_</A>";
  }
 close(FIN);
----

> --
> Steve Sobol, BOFH, President    888.480.4NET 866.DSL.EXPRESS 216.619.2NET
> North Shore Technologies Corporation   http://NorthShoreTechnologies.net
> JustTheNet/JustTheNet EXPRESS DSL (ISP Services) http://JustThe.net
> mailto:sjsobol at NorthShoreTechnologies.net   Proud resident of Cleveland, OH

Jan Okrouhly
Laboratory for Computer Science             |    phone: (420 19) 7491588
University of West Bohemia                  | location: Univerzitni 22
Americka 42, 306 14 Pilsen, Czech Republic  |     room: UI404