[rt-users] running two RT installs

Grant Miller grant at pico.apple.com
Wed Feb 21 19:14:32 EST 2001

Has anyone setup two instances of RT?

For example:

Install 1:

RT_PATH = /usr/local/rt-project1
RTUSER = rt
RT_MAIL_TAG = project1
RT_MAIL_ALIAS = project1 at mail.somebox.domain
RT_MYSQL_DATABASE = rt

Install 2:

RT_PATH = /usr/local/rt-project2
RTUSER = rt-proj2
RT_MAIL_TAG = project2
RT_MAIL_ALIAS = project2 at mail.somebox.domain
RT_MYSQL_DATABASE = rt_proj2

I've installed a second instance of RT in our system and it kinda works.
The problems I'm having are:

I send a email to RT (I have "allow non-members to create requests" turned
on) and get this response back from RT:

There has been an error:
There has been an error with your request:
You don't have permission to create requests in this queue.

Your message is reproduced below:

What's even stranger is through the web interface, I don't see a list of
queues next to the "Create request in queue" button.  I'm logged in as a
user that has admin privs and is a RT admin.

FYI, I'm running RT v1.0.2  (yes I know it's a old version. I plan up
upgrading sometime soon, but not right now.) on Solaris 2.6 (sparc), Sendmail
8.11.1, and MySQL 3.22.32, Perl 5.6.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

-Grant Miller    grant at pico.apple.com

 Unix Systems Admin, Engineering Compute Services