[rt-users] Newbie to RT -- can't get RT to *send* mail

Lorens Kockum rt-id-45 at lists.lorens.org
Mon Jan 22 05:52:22 EST 2001

On Fri, Jan 19, 2001 at 01:55:04PM -0500, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:
> and Tie::STDERR reports all stderr output to me via mail

Good idea (I didn't know how to go about that).  Didn't work.
Hmmm.  For my specific definition of "work", that is.  So if
there's no error produced, maybe everything is working as
designed?

Track, track (using Tie::STDERR to tag points of passage).

./lib/rt/database/manipulate.pm, function add_correspondence.

It seems that mail is not sent . . . to the e-mail address of
the person who is logged in and executes the request to send
mail.  And since I'm testing, I was doing everything with the
same account.

Not sending mail to the person originating the mail seems the
right thing to do, of course, now that I think of it -- but I'm
used to programs being dumber than that ;-)

Concerned that I might have missed it in the docs, I grepped
through them for "mail" and did not find anything of the kind
(hint, hint ;-).

So %RT RESOLVE.

Now I'm looking at juicy features in RT2 and wondering whether I
should try for it immediately :-)

--
#include <std_disclaim.h>                          Lorens Kockum