[rt-users] Keywords / Forwarding / Control / LDAP

Teo de Hesselle teo.dehesselle at uts.edu.au
Mon Jul 2 01:23:35 EDT 2001

I've implemented rt 1.0.7 for a couple of units within the university, and
it's performing well.

We're in the process of thinking about rt 2, and I have a few questions:

1) Can anyone explain what the purpose of keywords is?

2) The information office receives hundreds of emails a week, and many of
them must be forwarded onto the people responsible (who don't use RT). How
difficult would it be to have a 'forward' button which would present a
drop-down list of addresses, fwd the ticket on, and mark it as resolved?

Perl doesn't scare me, but I'd rather ask here first in case someone's
already done it. Any hints as to where would be the appropriate place to
put this code would also be appreciated.

3) As I mentioned, Several departments use RT, and at the moment I have
several seperate instances of RT installed. I'd much prefer to maintain
one single database, and still be able to delegate user account control to
the appropriate supervisors in the departments concerned, *without* them
being able to mess with the other queue's settings. Is this even remotely
possible?

4) We already have the entire university in an LDAP system - Has anyone
written something to provide LDAP authentication to RT (and/or importing
name,email etc from LDAP). Jesse said a long time ago that RT2 would be a
lot easier to add authentication methods to - if I code it myself, where
should I be looking ?

Thanks in advance.

--
Téo de Hesselle,                 | Diplomacy is about surviving until
Unix Systems Administrator       | the next century.  Politics is
                                 | about surviving until Friday
University of Technology, Sydney | afternoon.        -- Yes, Minister