[rt-users] Problem using mailgate

Jean-Eric Cuendet Jean-Eric.Cuendet at linkvest.com
Thu Jul 12 08:49:23 EDT 2001

Thanks for the tip! I works now.
It would be cool to have a reference to it in the installation help
file.

The problem is that sendmail can use a wrapper called smrsh (SendMail
Restricted Shell) to enhance security through script based aliases (like
rt-mailgate).
To let sendmail run rt-mailgate, you must symlink the executable in the
/etc/smrsh (on RH7.1 at least).
A command like:
ln -sf /opt/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate /etc/smrsh/
would do the trick.

Thanks for the help.
-jec