[rt-users] problem w/ mailgate in rt2

Darrell Hyde darrell at magpage.com
Fri Jul 27 13:54:47 EDT 2001

I've been using  rt1 for quite a while now with no problem, but I'm a
little confused by the way that I set up aliases to port to mailgate in
rt2. I have rt2 running on a different machine than my mailserver and I'm
just aliasing each of my rt1 queues to queue_name at rt.domain.com and it
works great, but rt2 doesn't seem to work the same in that regard. From
the looks of the read me, it sounds like all of aliases on my mailserver
should point to rt at rt.domain.com with these lines in /etc/aliases:

rt-comment: "|/path/to/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action comment"
rt:         "|/path/to/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action correspond"

Assuming I'm right up to that point, what seems to lose me the concept of
my "inital queue" which should be there in place of general.

Right now I have newqueue at domain.com aliased to newqueue at rt.domain.com in
/etc/aliases on my rt machine I have:

rt:	"|/usr/local/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate --queue newqueue --action correspond"

I've also created a queue called newqueue, and uner global group rights,
given Everyone the right to create tickets. When I send an email to
newqueue at domain.com, I get this returned to me: