[rt-users] questions about rt

Karel P Kerezman rael at zero.kgon.com
Fri Jun 15 13:29:23 EDT 2001

On 15 Jun 2001 10:10:20 -0700, David U. wrote:
> I run Qmail with vpopmail and I want to setup RT to manage an address
> support at everydns.net
>
> I read through the readme and how it says to add a user "rt" and whatnot.  Does
> this all apply to qmail as well?

It depends upon a few things... RT1 works very, very well with Qmail.
All you have to do is have an alias file ~alias/.qmail-support with the
rt-mailgate command piped correctly. RT2 is considerably more
interesting to make happy. If you'd like, I invite you to correspond
with me off-list and I'll do what I can to step you through any
difficult bits. I've been using Qmail for almost a year now, and RT for
a bit longer than that (in various incarnations).

> Has someone who runs qmail created a FAQ or readme to walk rt-newbies like me
> through the paces?

I'm preparing to do a write-up for RT2+Qmail (among other bits). Jesse
and I just spent most of this week churning through all the problems I
was having making the new RT happy, and Qmail was one of the sticky
bits. Our correspondence was off-list for the most part, though, so the
relevant stuff isn't in the mail archives.

That raises the always-useful point that your first bet for answering
esoteric RT questions is the mailing list archives, linked from the main
RT homepage.

--
---
  Karel P Kerezman - IS Admin, Entercom Portland LLC -