[rt-users] RT for Databases Updates

David Sarno david.sarno at yale.edu
Wed Mar 14 15:18:37 EST 2001

Hi,

I'm working on a project called jake (http://jake-db.org/docs/about.php),
and considering using RT as an 'update tracker', shifting its use slightly
to allow approval and update of database changes (for instance, if the
publisher of a particular journal decides to change its name).  I'm
wondering if anyone has used RT to do this before, and if they could point
me to some examples, or share some tips.

Essentially, we want web users to submit update requests (e.g. "Life
Magazine" will now be called "Lives Magazine").  The web update engine will
generate an XML change object, and create a ticket in the RT system
(possibly using SOAP).   Then RT 'Approvers' will be able to review the
change tickets and approve them if appropriate, triggering another action
from the RT system to the database front end software, which applies the XML
chunk to update the entry to "Lives Magazine".

If anyone has any suggestions or leads, that would help a great deal.

Thanks much,

David Sarno