[rt-users] creating requests via email

James Dumser james.dumser at ericsson.com
Thu Mar 22 15:27:03 EST 2001

I'm trying to set up RT to handle requests via email. The user guide
states:
  RT uses the subject line of a message to decide what to do with it. If
  the subject contains the identifier of a request that already exists,
  the message becomes a comment. If the subject line contains no
  identifier, a new request will be created. Thus you should be careful
  with the subject header when sending messages to the RT alias to avoid
  creating new requests where they are not needed.
I envisioned this capability to let me send an unstructured email
(basically not knowing it was going into RT) and have a request created.
I also understood this to mean that later emails could be sent to the
same RT address (with the tag included) and be treated as comments.

When I send an email as a new request, I get back something like