[rt-users] Request Tracker program with procmail (fwd)

Hermann Wecke hermann at rodeios.com
Tue Mar 27 15:04:27 EST 2001

I would like to use procmail to process the messages sent to RT, so I can
trash some messages before they reach RT.

Today RT is being called from the /etc/aliases (my-email:
|"/opt/rt/bin/rt-mailgate securityadm correspond", root, ...) and not from
the procmail.

I'm using this recipe:

:0f
* ^TOmy-email at address\.com
| "/opt/rt/bin/rt-mailgate securityadm correspond"

But I'm receiving this error:

/opt/rt/bin/rt-mailgate securityadm correspond: /opt/rt/bin/rt-mailgate securityadm correspond: cannot open
procmail: Error while writing to "/opt/rt/bin/rt-mailgate securityadm correspond"
procmail: Rescue of unfiltered data succeeded
>From my-personal at email.com  Tue Mar 27 15:49:49 2001
 Subject: [cmil-sec #2299] RT mail UI
  Folder: /var/mail/root

Any ideas??? Is anyone using procmail to call RT???

Thanks,

Hermann