[rt-users] [rt-announce] RT2 release planning;

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Thu Mar 29 02:14:53 EST 2001

So as I mentioned a month or so ago, I'm going to be spending
the month of April travelling throughout japan with a backpack
and a railpass.  I was really really really hoping to crank through
beta 2 and move onto a release candidate before I left the country.

Sadly, well, real life intervened. Some minor bugs cropped up.
I've spent a bit of time pursuing some consulting gigs so I can
make enough money to eat and keep a roof over my head while
I continue to work on free software for y'all.

So I've juggled the release plan a little bit. There's now going
to be a 'beta 3' which contains some functionality and 'cosmetic' issues
and the RT1 importer.

beta 2 is stuff that I think I can get to before I leave. bugfixes will
have priority over features.  and I'm likely to punt issues to beta 3
if I run out of time.

The goal is that beta 2 should be ready for limited deployment by folks
who are clueful or foolhardy.  It's at the point where I would personally
use it for a customer facing ticketing system. But, well, I fall into at least
one of the categories mentioned above (the latter).  And I know the code
inside and out.

In my absence, it is my hope that folks will use rt-devel to help each other
get current betas running and to help find and fix bugs.  I expect to
be able to check in at least once a week....but don't be too surprised
if you don't hear from me for most of the month.

        Jesse

jesse reed vincent -- root at eruditorum.org -- jesse at fsck.com

After all, it's not every day you meet up with an evil power
                                               -M. Bulgakov