[rt-users] A few questions..

Eric Mandel EMandel at worldnow.com
Thu May 3 12:02:02 EDT 2001

I am using RT 1.3.70. I am in the process of implementing it and I had a few
questions about how the various aspects work. Maybe some of these can be
included in a future FAQ.  I apologize in advance for the shopping list of
things.

1) My understanding is that when a request is e-mailed in from a non-user,
the non-user is setup as a non-privileged user. If that's the case,
shouldn't I see that user in the user's list.

2) I don't quite understand the difference between correspond and comment.
Originally, I thought that correspondences get e-mailed back to the
requestor and comments do not. However, it seems that either one of them can
be. It all depends on what scrips are setup. It seems that it just allows
you to categorize notes on a ticket under 2 categories and then trigger off
of each one (OnCorrespond & OnComment). How does the '--action' parameter of
rt-mailgate play into this. Is it also just a means of categorizing in-bound
e-mails?

3) What's the difference between the AutoreplyToRequestor action and the
NotifyRequestor action?

4) It seems that most actions (in setting up scrips) have the action and
also actionAsComment, like NotifyOwner and NotifyOwnerAsComment. What's the
difference between these?

5) When keywords are implemented is the idea to create a list of words that
can then be associated to a ticket. Meaning Create keyword 'Which Server?'
and then within that keywords nest 3 keywords like 'Server 1' 'Server 2' &
'Server 3'. Then when Creating a ticket I can select one of the servers?

6) Can I customize the 'New Ticket' screen to include other fields that
normally only appear once you're viewing the details of a ticket. For
example, can include the 'Start Date" field or keywords when creating a
ticket by simply editing the HTML forms?

That's about it. Thanks for a great product. Nothing compares to it. Keep up
the good work.

Eric Mandel

Enabling media companies to build powerful new businesses on the Internet.

	This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this
message or any information herein. If you have received this message in
error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this
message. Thank you for your cooperation.