[rt-users] REG: HTML mails

Eric Goodman ericg at cats.ucsc.edu
Fri May 4 19:57:42 EDT 2001

Whoops!

An undefined debug string I thought I'd deleted from that last script
prior to mailing didn't get cleaned out fully. Sorry about that.

>                  if ($name eq "message") {
>                     print OUT "$sentrystr"."\n";
>                  }

This is the culprit that should be deleted.

Note that I also assume later in the script that you've modified RT
to actually display URLs as links. If not, then at this point:

>               print OUT "\n>>> $type/$subtype component, $name:\n";
>               print OUT "<A HREF=\"$basepath/$filename\">\n";
>               print OUT "$basepath/$filename\n";
>               print OUT "<\/A>\n";

You'll want to remove the 2nd and 4th lines. By default RT will
"regularize" them, and display the text literally (that is as <A
HREF="LINK">LINK</A>, instead of as a link to "LINK"). That can also
end up looking pretty funky when received in email, which will
usually interpret it as two clickable links with a bunch of
less-than, greater-than characters around them.

--- Eric