[rt-users] rt and LDAP?

Harald Wagener hwagener at fcb-wilkens.com
Tue May 8 09:33:48 EDT 2001

Jesse wrote:

> Well,
>         RT2 provides somewhat cleaner hooks than RT1 to allow user metadata
>         and auth to be done against external databases, though nobody that
>         I know of has actually _done_ it yet.  Note, however, that you
>         will still need to have an RT account for each user inside of
>         RT's database.....it's just that RT can then ask another system
>         for detailed information.....
>
>         -j

Which would be fine enough for our purposes - not everybody should have
access to the request tracker, but those that do shouldn't be bothered by
an additional password handling mechanism.

Thanks and regards,
	Harald

--
Harald Wagener      |                                Systemadministrator
FCB/Wilkens GmbH    |                              Tel.:+49-40-2881-1252