[rt-users] rt on freebsd

clark shishido clark at ruminary.org
Thu May 10 16:22:55 EDT 2001

On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 09:08:21PM +0300, Veaceslav Revutchi wrote:

> I'm trying to set RT1.0.7 on a FreeBSD4.3R machine.
>
> I installed Msql-Mysql-modules from ports so it autoconfigures
> itself. In the Makefile for the port I didn't find any mention of
> MysqlPerl emulation. How do I tell I have this emulation installed?
> Or do I have to ignore the port and try to generate my own
> Makefile out of Makefile.PL in the sourses?

in /usr/ports/databases/p5-Mysql/Makefile
adjust the configure args to your taste:

CONFIGURE_ARGS= PREFIX=${PREFIX} CC="${CC}" CCFLAGS="${CFLAGS}" \
                --noprompt --mysql-install --nomsql-install

it looks like it's doing the right thing, but I never use
the ports for adding perl modules to my FreeBSD boxes. I prefer
to download and keep a local copy of each perl module I install
so that when I recompile FreeBSD, I know exactly which modules to
reinstall. because /usr/bin/perl is part of the base system, it is
recompiled after a buildworld so you have to reinstall the perl
modules if you ever upgrade your machine.

--clark