[rt-users] Can't call method "Subject" on an undefined value (latest CVS version)

Steve Hsieh steveh at eecs.umich.edu
Fri May 11 23:44:16 EDT 2001

Hello,

I am using the bleeding edge version of RT checked out from CVS today, and
managed to get it set up and running. When a user sends RT an email, the
request is properly created, and the user receives a autoreply. When I
respond, via the web, the response is also emailed. The problem is that I'm
not able to get some of  the scrips to run on other conditions.

For example, I have RT set to NotifyRequestor with template Resolved on
resolution. However, this doesn't work -- in the log file, it says:

now requiring RT::Condition::StatusChange
RT::Transaction=HASH(0x9150260): Checking RT::Scrip=HASH(0x996ca18) 6
(ScripScope: 8)
now requiring RT::Action::Notify
now requiring RT::Condition::AnyTransaction
RT::Transaction=HASH(0x9150260): Checking RT::Scrip=HASH(0x9971a7c) 2
(ScripScope: 9)
now requiring RT::Action::Notify
Can't call method "Subject" on an undefined value at (eval 63) line 1,
<GEN1> line 138.
Can't call method "Content" on an undefined value at (eval 66) line 1,
<GEN1> line 138.

I realize this is the bleeding edge and things are bound not to work. I've
been able to resolve most of my problems, but this one I just can't figure
out.

Any suggestions/ideas ?