[rt-users] postfix, virtual domains and alias

Christian Kurz Christian.Kurz at planNET.de
Mon May 28 03:35:21 EDT 2001

On 01-05-26 Christian Lox wrote:
> We are using postfix and a setup of virtual domains.
> Our maildomain is set up as follows:
> Everything to @domain goes to the default user, and after this are
> special user with their own POP3 account.

And the email-address for the request-tracker is localpart at domain? Is
this setup via virtual domains or what's the exact postfix configuration
(postconf -n output)?

> The entry in /etc/alias has been made but still all mail to support
> (our rt alias) goes to the default user and does not arrive at RT
> (no entry in the DB, no entry shown in the queue on web interface).

Until you tell us more about the postfix configuration, I would assume
that you that the entry for the rt doesn't belong in /etc/alias, but
maybe some other files? Or did you just forget to run newaliases
/etc/aliases?

Christian
--
Christian Kurz                                   http://www.planNET.de
planNET Systems GmbH                            mailto:info at planNET.de