[rt-users] Resolving a re-opened ticket without notification.

Scott A. McIntyre scott at xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 2 02:14:41 EST 2001

To my (pleasant) suprise, people who have had their problems solved
through our RT implementation have been more polite than expected.  The
end result is that when the "OnResolve" Scrip sends the Resolved
template to them, they often say very nice things as a reply, like
"thanks for the fast action" or "thank you!" or whatever.

Now, this creates a slightly awkward problem...RT will re-open the
ticket as they replied to the resolved notification.  If I now go in and
change the status back to Resolved, they get *another* resolved
notification.  So far only one person has perpetuated this loop for a
few iterations, but it's something that I'd like to avoid...

Is there any way to change the status to Resolved but "skip a scrip" on
a per-case basis?  That is, some way to force a change of status and
skip any actions that would normally be run?

Or is there a better way to solve this?

Thanks,
Scott