[rt-users] Nonprivileged logins..

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Tue Nov 6 13:05:07 EST 2001

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 10:00:32AM -0800, Tom Holub wrote:
> Can we make this a high-priority feature request?  It's almost necessary if
> you want to use rt with a very broad community.

In fact you can. There are two pretty simple ways to do so:
	Pay me to implement it.
	Implement it yourself and provide the code to the community.

> The hack I'm currently using is to create a single privileged account, and
> change the "Login" stub to print a message like "To view a request, log in
> with this username and password," which is inelegant.

You could always encode the username and password into a URL. The login form
is just a regular html form

> Another glitch is that if you log in to the SelfService interface, and
> then click on "Logout", you get returned to the main login page, not the
> SelfService login page.

There is only one login page. There's no seperate login for /SelfService