[rt-users] moving rt between machines.

Alesh Mustar alesh at sportina.si
Tue Nov 20 04:04:14 EST 2001

Tore,

the easiest way would be to simply do a dump of RT mysql files:
mysqldump -c -t -uroot -ppassword rt2 > rt2.sqldump
mysqldump -d -uroot -ppassword rt2 > rt2.sqlschema

replace password with your mysql root password ofcourse.

You can then simply import this into mysql on your new machine.

I use the same set of commands to make nightly backup of RT via crontab.

Regards,
Alesh